Website Protection License

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

2020 Book Review #3: ONE OF US IS LYING by KAREN M. MCMANUS


Title: One of Us Is Lying
Author: Karen M. McManus
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date: May 30, 2017
Genres: YA Fiction/ Mysteries & Thrillers
Available from AMAZON or BARNES AND NOBLE

What I liked about Karen M. McManus’ One of Us Is Lying (SPOILER ALERT)

·         The inclusion of teenage issues like: Social Media, homosexuality, drug abuse, bullying, etc.
·         The idea for the killer is fresh and original.
·          The characters Cooper Clay and Adelaide Prentiss. 
·         The setting the book takes place in, the state of California
·         The themes of family love and support in the book.

What I disliked about Karen M. McManus’ One of Us Is Lying (SPOILER ALERT)

·         Its resemblance to Sara Shepard’s Pretty Little Liars books.

Jamz Talks

No words to truly convey what I feel about this book but just that it was alright, the ending was not that much of a shock.  What kept me reading this book to the end was its cute and entertaining teenage culture.  It’s nostalgic for me because at that age I was in the middle of the same issues except cell phones and social media.  The thought that maybe Karen McManus stole the whole concept from Pretty Little Liars was nagging at my mind but since no allegations of plagiarism came up, I guess I should just shut up and end this discussion.  I gave this book three stars over at Goodreads because that’s my honest opinion about it.  For those who grew up on RL Stine and Francine Pascal and then Pretty Little Liars, this book and its plot may seem redundant.  But anyway, peace to all you fans and of course the author herself, Karen M. McManus.  Off-topic notes: I bought this on discount from Amazon online.  Its sequel, One of Us Is Next was released just days ago.  Alright, I’m out!


Best regards.

me.








       



No comments:

Post a Comment