Website Protection License

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Poem: THE VACANT BUILDING WHERE SHOPPER'S ONCE OCCUPIED

The vacant building where Shopper's once occupied
I always pass by it when I would go out 
It now stands so empty and forlorn,
lifeless and bored
and I wonder when the new store
will move in.

Good people worked there
from pharmacists to cashiers
janitors to stockers
They treated shoppers with
warmth and good service
serenity and sternness
they are now all gone.

The vacant building where Shopper's once occupied
will soon be rented out again
by another grocery store called Leidl
and I hope it will be the same or better
more variety, more nice people
more happiness, less trouble
The vacant building where Shopper's once occupied
is a great landmark in my uneventful life.


No comments:

Post a Comment