Website Protection License

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Poets and Storytellers United #2: Lie To Me


"Lie To Me" 



i thought you would
need me for life
i thought you would
give me another try
instead
you left me 
without a word
without saying goodbye

you said you loved me
and that i was
your one and only
instead you lied
you went out
and left me to cry

you said all the things
i wanted to hear
my blueness you cheered
but the morning after,
you got up,
washed and disappeared.

will i forgive u?
maybe, but not soon.

9 comments:

  1. Forgive and move on. There is such strength in forgiveness. So long as we hold the grudge, it still has control over us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh, probably the most painful of lies ever spoken to another being. It's indeed hard to forgive and forget but we must.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate it when that happens... Forgiveness will set you free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah those are the worst kind. So much damage they leave behind
    Be safe

    Much💚love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the truth in that ending. Forgiveness is best, yes, and for ourselves – but it takes a while before we can summon it, after being hurt like that. (In some situations I have – eventually – forgiven the person, but not the action.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You said, you said .... I have uttered or at least thought those words. Nice write.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully the speaker will find a way forward without the louse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sometimes play the "I forgive but I'll never forget."
    Really bad, "I don't want to forgive and I'll never forget."
    And if it WAS a pleasurable event "I'll cherish the memory with nothing to forgive and never foget."
    Norm much help am I?
    It was a nice write and a memorable experience we all know of. We hope not by our personal experience.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sad poem, but there is a note of hope at the end.

    ReplyDelete