Website Protection License

Friday, April 3, 2020

Poem: your eyes

written for Writer's Digest's Poetry Prompt:
Write a desire poem

This was later shared on 
Poets and Storytellers United's
Writer's Pantry #25: Summer Solstice.

your blue eyes they haunt
mysterious and soft 
so deep in thought 
but u can't be true. 

your brown eyes i admire
how they've made me desire
 for you to be my lover
but u refuse to. 

your  green eyes are magic
they bring me happiness
so much i can't resist
but ur leaving soon.

11 comments:

  1. The love of my life had eyes the color of the bluest skies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always a sucker for brown eyes …. but I married a blue-eyed Irishman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eyes carry so much in our relationships with one another--whatever their color--and all too soon they can leave us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eyes, they say it all don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, if only there were some other colour you could try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. perhaps there's better luck with the other colors? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Disappointment comes in all sorts of colors. I'm with those who said that the speaker should try different colors. Or, even try with different specimens with eye colors that haven't worked before--maybe fifth time's the charm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The eyes cannot lie, this much is true.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Skip the eye color and see what's in their hearts to find a true match. There's more to love than meets the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The eyes in each verse make this feel like I'm eavesdropping; it's as if I'm facing the speaker's partner in each instance. Interesting effect.

    ReplyDelete